Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Live

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. ~ Galatians 2:20

Thus the true Christian is one who can adopt the expressive and emphatic language of Paul; “I live.” Amplifying the words, he can exclaim, “I live; as a quickened soul. I live; as a regenerate soul. I live; as a pardoned sinner. I live; as a justified sinner. I live; as an adopted child. I live; as an heir of glory. I live; and I have never lived before! My whole existence until now has been but as a blank. I never truly, really lived, until I died! I lived, if life it may be called, to the world, to sin, to the creature, to myself; but I never lived by Christ, and I never lived to God.”

~ Octavius Winslow via The Octavius Winslow Archive

Good encouragement from Mr. Winslow believers. What but the grace of God would take justified sinners and make them adopted sons? Who but God would make us heirs of glory?

Let us live to God!

No comments: