Monday, July 26, 2010

He is Fierce And Furious in His Anger Against Sin

The Lord is a man of war; the Lord is his name.
~ Exodus 15:3

The Lord goes out like a mighty man, like a man of war he stirs up his zeal; 
he cries out, he shouts aloud, he shows himself mighty against his foes. 
~ Isaiah 42:13

Today "Jehovah is a Man of War." At this hour He is the foe of sin in personal, social, civic, and national life. At this moment, in this individual life of mine and in the world at large, He is moving forward in unabated, undeviating, unceasing hostility to sin. Blessed be His name! Thank God that He will not make peace with sin in my heart. How I have tried to evade some issue with Him, to plead the excuse, to urge the difficulty of the circumstances in which I am, to plead my infirmity.

All the while God is a Man of War, smiting sin, refusing to make truce with it, accepting no white flag of surrender offered to Him, except that of the abandonment of sin, and all because He loves me.

The moment you can persuade me that God Almighty will excuse sin in my life, I case to believe in His love. He is the foe of sin in me. I bless His name for the thunder of His authority, and for the profound conviction that He is fierce and furious in His anger against sin, wherever it manifests itself.

~ G. Campbell Morgan Living Messages of the Books of the Bible

No comments: