Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Submission

Twenty-four years ago today, a dear woman of God went home to Glory.

She wasn't famous--but those who knew her (even those who knew her just a little) will never forget her.

I did not have the privilege of meeting Ruth here on earth--though I have wished many, many times that I could have. But despite never knowing her, I am reminded of her everyday. Ruth's little girl, Lois, became my dear, sweet wife. I am uniquely blessed to be in the circle of those who have been changed by her legacy.

Several years ago, Lois was given an audio cassette recording of her mom playing the piano. One track in particular is poignant on this anniversary.

Submission
The path that I have trod, has brought me nearer God,
Though oft it led through sorrow's gates.
Though not the way I'd choose, in my way I might lose
The joy that yet for me awaits.

CHORUS:
Not what I wish to be, nor where I wish to go,
For who am I that I should choose my way?
The Lord shall choose for me, 'tis better far, I know,
So let Him bid me go, or stay.

The cross that I must bear, if I a crown would wear,
Is not the cross that I should take;
But since on me 'tis laid, I'll take it, unafraid,
And bear it for the Master's sake.

Submission to the will of Him who guides me still
Is surety of His love revealed;
My soul shall rise above this world in which I move;
I conquer only where I yield.

2 comments:

kathy said...

Jeremy, that is a sweet post. I have often wished I could have met Ruth. I think we would have been instantly very good friends. Lois, you have much of your mom in you....be faithful, carry on her legacy. Enjoy remembering sweet memories today!

Dan Morgan said...

December 8th is a day that causes me to look back and look forward.

Heaven seems very close when someone you loved and were close to on this earth is now in the presence of the God.

Thank you for posting this Song and the thoughtful words. You're both right...Lois has a lot of Mom in her.

Love you both!
Dan