Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Worship Is My Response To God

Shaun Groves' intro to the live songs on his Twilight CD:
"You guys ready to worship with me tonight?

Worship is not a song.

Worship is my response to God with all that I am
to all that He is, all that He has done is doing and will do,
in me, through me, around me, and in spite of me.

But it's not just a song

Worship is our response with all of our lives, everything we've been given, to all that God is.

So, if we come in here to this place and we raise our hands and we raise our voices but we don't stretch these hands out when we leave this place to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and fight for the poor and the oppressed.

Then what you and I have done is worshipped a singer or a song, but not a God

So, let me ask you again--are you ready to worship with me tonight?"

No comments: