Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Everything?

The folks over at worship.com give the following as the definition of worship:
Everything you think
Everything you say
And everything you do
Revealing that which you treasure and value most in life.
I've been thinking about the words everything and most in this statement.

Worship is not just for Sunday morning. In fact, a worshipper that is only interested in Sunday morning really isn't much of a worshipper at all. We all live the other six days of the week--if we live them to ourselves--who is valued most? I am. Me. Myself.

The Savior who loved me to death deserves everything that I think. Paul said, "Set your mind on things above." (Colossians 3:2)

The Word who became flesh and dwelt among us deserves everything that I say. David said, "Let the words of my mouth...be acceptable in your sight, O LORD." (Psalm 19:14)

The Servant who came not to be served but to serve deserves everything that I do. The believers at Corinth read "...whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Worship--not just for Sundays.

No comments: