Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The BIG Dig Out!

Yes--it's March 11th and we are trying to dig out from underneath a TON of snow. I think over 2 days we got a total of 10 inches--but when it blows around like it did, it looks more like 10x that. I think this is one of the worst blizzards I can remember in my 13 winters here.

My wonderful husband is out there now in the driveway trying to get through drifts that are taller than the tractor. Thanks, Jeremy, for doing that for us in the freezing cold. I am REALLY ready for spring! Anyone else agree?


View out of the front Door

Yes....the drift is higher than our car

You can't see our neighbor's house or the road out in front of the house

This is what it looks like when Jeremy was finally able to get through it

3 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Impressive!!! & I live in CO!!! :-)

Katie said...

good pics! I have sent many people to look at your blog because your pics do the storm some justice! At least we are finally all dug out now! two days isn't bad! :) We will have to get a pic of the kids playing on those drifts, before they melt.... which is hopefully soon!

Anonymous said...

I think you need a spring break on south padre island to enjoy some sand dunes instead of snow dunes!