Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip



On Tuesday we took a field trip to a pumpkin patch. The kids took a wagon ride through a "not so haunted" forest, ran through a hay bale maze (but all the kids thought it was more fun to play tag on top of the hay), they got to pet some animals, and then at the end they got to pick a small pumpkin to take home.

A funny story...hopefully Jill won't mind if I tell you. :-) If you notice in the pictures there was a "sandbox" that was filled with corn. Chloe and Carly enjoyed playing with it. Over at the petting zoo area there was a place where for a quarter you could buy corn to feed the goats. Well, Carly being the thinker and frugal one like her mom, decided that it would be lots cheaper to just take the corn from the "sandbox" and fill her pockets to feed the goats. She had that cute little grin when she was doing it. Gotta love that smile!!

The kids had such a good time. Sam wanted to make pumpkin pie for "Daddy" but I think this time of year pumpkin in the can is pretty cheap at the store..hopefully I can talk him out of it. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice collage! I'm glad you posted again. I look almost every day. :)

kathy said...

I think that Carly should start going with her mom or gramma to CVS. She will make a wise and frugal shopper!! And, oh yes, I think pie crusts are on sale too!!!