Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Oh Tom the Toad" . . . .



For those of you who know Chloe pretty well, this will not come as a surprise to you. For those of you who know Jeremy pretty well, you will also know that this "side of her" definitely doesn't come from her daddy. :-)

Anyway, yesterday I was sitting in the house holding Lydia when Chloe hollers from the door to the garage saying she has something to show me. This is a fairly common occurrence and usually involves her bringing me some cute little flowers that she has gotten from the tops of weeds. So when I saw her hand behind her back I knew that must be what it was. To my SURPRISE--she was holding this VERY CRISP dead toad and was proudly showing me. I remained calm and asked her politely not to bring dead animals into the house again.

Which brings me to another story about her....when she woke up this morning the first thing she said to me was, "Mom, Sam says that I'm not very LADYLIKEISH when we are outside". Do you wonder why he would say such a thing?!

No comments: